Although we are currently rating the Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection model slightly over the Home Master TM ULTRA-ERP RO system, this model is still absolutely worth having a look at, and still stands strong with the other systems currently on the market.
Without question, it delivers stellar performance, the brand is quite reputable and the product comes with a 5-year limited warranty that provides coverage for manufacturer defects. So, it deserves the shout out we're giving it here.
It's important to note that one of the biggest differences is that this model does not include a re-mineralization stage, which some consumers want. This system also appears to be just a little bit more expensive than the TMHP HydroPerfection (at the time of this writing).
Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Overview
This RO system is well-suited for municipal water. If you happen to be on a well, test the water first to ensure that it will fall within the product's operation guidelines. One of the things we like about this brand is their willingness to have a look at your test results or report on your behalf, and then offer a recommendation for the system best suited for your personal situation.
There is an innovative UV filter that eliminates microorganisms and unwanted chemical compounds from water.
It also has a specially-built permeate pump designed to heighten the water pressure by reducing wastage and increasing water production.
The dimensions are 12" x 16" x 20" and the weight is 17.4 pounds. The system uses 6 watts of electricity via its corded electric power source and US plug format.
Below are some of the benefits of the system:
• Effectively Removes Contaminants
The Home Master ULTRA-ERP removes 98 percent of the metals, solids and chemicals from the water. It also removes 99.99 percent of the microorganisms, resulting in the best drinking water.
• Efficient and Environmentally Friendly
The Home Master ULTRA-ERP is among the most efficient and environmentally-friendly RO systems currently available. It has a pure water to wastewater ratio of 1:1, which will save lots of money over time.
Additionally, this model uses a permeate pump to increase water pressure and the overall quantity of water it produces.
• Easy Installation
The installation process is quite easy and straightforward and the whole system can be installed in under an hour, with some basic DIY skills. The kit contains all that is needed for the installation but a drill, crescent wrench and Phillip screwdriver will also help.
Additionally, the installation guide is quite easy to follow and it is very detailed in explaining how the system should be connected to the feed and drainage pipes. An installation video is also on the website that can help with the process.
It includes a fully-assembled purification unit, a hard water RO membrane and filters, refrigerator connection kit, 3.2 gallon storage tank, a feed-water adapter, drain saddle, brushed nickel RO faucet and detailed instructions.
Pros & Cons of the Home Master TMULTRA-ERP RO System
• It can produce as much as 50 gallons of filtered water daily. This large quantity means it could also be good for small business owners.
• The system can remove up to 98 percent of contaminants in the water.
• Its UV filter will destroy 99.99 percent of the microorganisms typically found in the water.
• The treatment process is immediate an automatic
• The filters durable and easy to change. The filters can be changed once yearly or after 3000 gallons of water have been filtered - which is a little better than the TMHP HydroPerfection, whose filter life is estimated at about 2000 gallons.
• Electricity is needed to power the system since a UV light is used to kill microorganisms.
• Comes in about $50 or so more than the TMHP HydroPerfection.
• Some customers have complained about the length of the power cord being too short. To remedy this situation, you can ensure a power outlet is close to where the unit is being installed.
TMULTRA ERP vs TMHP HydroPerfection
The TMULTRA ERP is absolutely a high-quality system that is well suited for smaller homes and businesses. The fact that it continues to get excellent reviews (4.5 Stars on Amazon) - even in light of the TMHP HydroPerfection holding on to a slim lead (4.8 Stars) - keeps it on our list. To briefly recap the primary differences between the TMULTRA ERP and the TMHP HydroPerfection, this final tally should help:
Approximately 3,000 gallons
Approximately 2,000 gallons
What About Total TDS and Remineralization?
Removes up to 99.99% of TDS (Totally Dissolved Solids). No Remineralization stage on this model.
Initially removes up to 99% TDS (Totally Dissolved Solids); DOES include a Remineralization filter, which WILL result in some TDS registering on a meter due to re-adding calcium and magnesium through a natural stage.
UV Light Sterilization Phase?
12 x 16 x 20 inches
5 x 15 x 15 inches